The aim of Jeev Aashraya is to -
- Provide prompt assistance in handling animal related emergencies.
- Reduce animal deaths caused by ill treatment and road accidents
- Develop and establish animal shelters for the stray animals.
- Provide free-of-charge veterinary services across the political boundaries of the country.
- Sensitise people about pet adoptions and discourage them to purchase a ‘life’.
- Spread awareness through various programmes in schools, colleges and educate the younger generation about the animal welfare and importance of ecological balance.
- Make people aware about animal exploitation by various brands.
- Educate people about their responsibility towards the environment and also aware them about the various legal provisions protecting the flora and fauna of the country.
- Encourage citizens to abide by the fundamental duty of “to protect and improve natural environment….the forests and wildlife”, laid down in Part IV-A of the Constitution.